Thursday, June 2, 2011

Surgery Tomorrow

Hello family and friends!

Writing the title for this post was surprisingly easy. I feel good about the surgery. You can't say that you're truly 'ready' for something like this, but the Lord has given me an incredible peace this week.

I get to wake up at 4am tomorrow and shower with special super-strength germ killing soap. We are to be checking in at Swedish at 5:40am, and surgery is scheduled to start at 7:40am. Thank God I don't have to wait through the day. There would be far too much time for thinking, if that were the case! As is, I should be out of the operating room and into recovery around noon, definitely before 1 o'clock.

Backtracking a bit.
I had my blood banked over the past few weeks. Two separate visits to the center, two units drawn. That was a very easy process. A gal named Debbie worked with me both times, and she was a pro! To note, my mom went with me the first time, and Bethany drove me the second, which was wonderful. Illustration for you:

That's Debbie on the right. I can hardly say how much I appreciated her!
Tuesday my parents went with me to Swedish for pre-op appointments. X-rays, meeting with the surgeon and nurses, then a full physical. The x-rays looked good. Er, that is to say, as they were expected to look! haha. No significant changes in my curves since the ones taken in January. We got all of our questions answered by Dr. Hanscom and the nurses we chatted with. They provided lots of detail on what to expect pre and post-op. My physical went fine, I am certified disease free and ready for surgery!

My finals wrapped up well and we moved my stuff back to my parent's house. I've spent the past week visiting with friends and family. I have been so incredibly blessed by the support of everyone around me. It seems as though I've had more texts and FB posts this past week than in the last year of my life. Haha.

This picture sums up how I've been feeling surrounded by love... Some of my Bible study ladies; Hailey, who is going to be at the hospital tomorrow, is in the black apron. Jessica is red polka-dots, and Anna is sunflowers. I love them!
After I finish this post, I'll be emailing the link to people. Jacob has received his Blogspot tutorial and is ready to update y'all as needed. Thank you for your prayers and for following along!

Later this afternoon, I'm going to pack up everything I'm taking to the hospital. It strikes me that the things I'm bringing are pretty entertaining (that is to say, they're mostly for entertainment purposes. Oooh, PUN!)
Top of the list, my Winnie the Pooh coloring book, and brand new 48 pack of Crayola crayons. (I know, you're jealous.) After this are my Kindle, iPod, Bible, journal, robe, and some clothes to travel home in.

My cell phone is coming with, but I'll have it off. It's more there for the contact info it contains.

Speaking of contact; I would love to have visitors, but most likely not for the first 2 weeks. If you would like to come see me later in June, just text, FB, email, or call someone in my family, or myself, and we'll get back to you about when would be a good time. We will be posting here about how I'm feeling and when I'll be up to seeing people.

My verse of the week: Psalm 139:13-16

"For You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful. I know this full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

I also thought I would note the top 5 songs on my playlist this week. Each of these represent an emotion I've been through, or a prayer that I've prayed these past few weeks.

Bring the Rain - MercyMe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8HgAVenbUU

Your Love is Strong - Jon Foreman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=301S7NgAkLs

All of My Days - Alexi Murdoch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIQLha4zcQI

Beauty From Pain - Superchick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqBMYoctFZM

He Is With You - Mandisa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3CVlv2dz3w

Again, thank you all so much for your prayers and support... I'll see you on the other side :)

No comments:

Post a Comment