Saturday, June 11, 2011

Fifth Day Home

Hellooooo! This is Amelia. I'm back to the land of the living, and posting blog content for myself again.

First off, thank you all for your prayers. I have no doubt that my success this far was a gift from the Lord. He is good!

Yesterday and today, (Friday and Saturday, respectively) were fairly uneventful. That is to say, nothing too exciting to report, and no negatives, either. PTL!

I have settled into a routine. Or, as I should say, my mom and I have settled into a routine. She has been incredible, rarely far from my side and providing the best care I could ask for.

My days now consist of getting out of bed after morning meds, (roughly 7am,) shower, breakfast, some tv. Typically back to bed for awhile, then up for a walk, lunch, some more tv. This basically repeats all day. My mom has been up with me 3 times each night, since I am on a 3 hour pain med schedule. She is exhausted. Jacob offered to get up with me tonight, giving mom some much needed rest. So that should be interesting :)

One thing to note from Friday. Since it was one week from surgery, it was the day to remove the bandages from my incision! I would post pictures, but thought it might be best to spare the squeamish that experience. Everthing looks to be healing up well. I have a lot of "sticky" stuff left on my skin from the tape and bandages, and there are band-aid like steri-strips still covering the incision.

Mostly, this change has allowed air in and fabric to rub against the incision. It itches. Not so fun. Also, without the added padding back there, it seems like I can "feel" the hardware. Not so sure if that's my mind playing tricks on me or what, but it's tripping me out.

Today was the first day I didn't nap! I was awake from 7:30 this morning all through the day! I also sat up in bed for the first time, and changed out of my "lounge wear" into pajamas all on my own. Combine that with the waking every three hours with my mom, and I feel like I'm getting to consciously experience what it must be like to be an infant. Everyone is so excited by the littlest things you do! haha

I am thankful to be doing so well, but monotony has begun to set in already! If you want to visit, please give us a call or shoot me a text and we can arrange a good time. I am hoping to start a few books or find some other "more productive" ways to pass the time. However, nothing compares to visiting with a friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment